Sunday, November 14, 2010

"Mama, what is my destiny?"

For this word search project, I have chosen to define and research the word destiny.  Why would I choose this word?  Because I feel that everyone has a certain destiny, and I am fascinated by this concept.  What is my destiny? What is yours?

This word means so much to me.  It is essentially what life is about.  Destiny defines our purpose.

I know that this is a very significant word.  It is defined as, "the events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future."  To me, destiny refers to many things.  Pertaining to history, it can refer to manifest destiny and our mission as a nation.  It can refer to operas and lyrics to popular music.  Or, destiny can refer to one of the most memorable movie lines in cinematic history, "Luke, it is your destiny."

I have chosen to explore this word because at this stage of my life, I am unsure what my destiny.  There are many forks in the road, each bringing about its own sorrows and happiness, and here I sit, unsure of which way to go.

I admire the use of destiny in the film Slumdog Millionaire.  The director, Danny Boyle, has had much commentary on the idea of destiny.  Therefore, I look forward to study this word, and maybe in turn come upon some understanding as to what is written and what is not.

It seems that choosing this word might have been my destiny.

-Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment