Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Blog Assignment #2

  Throughout my time, I have read numerous books, whether it be for school or for my own personal interest.  Below is a list of my top 5 books – these books range from classic tales to personal journals or guides to topics I enjoy. 
  Here is a list of my top 5 books:
1.     The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. I read this book in the 4th grade, after my Father recommended that I check it out.  Ever since I picked it up in 4th grade, I’ve bought numerous copies of it and even read it a few more times.
2.     Catcher In The Rye, J.D. Salinger.  I find this book very memorable to me because I feel like I share much in common with the main character, Holden Caulfield.  Also, it’s a very honest book – what more could you ask for?
3.     Johnny Got His Gun, Dalton Trumbo.  I picked this book up after watching the film.  I think it’s a very meaningful story.
4.     Rebel Without A Crew, Robert Rodriguez.  I picked this book up in a book store after I graduated the 8th grade.  As my interest in film grew, I began reading books about how to make films.  Robert Rodriguez is one of my favorite directors, and his book follows the journey that he took in making his first film.  This book has served as a guide for my future filmmaking techniques and the way I approach making a film.
5.     Understanding Movies, Louis Giannetti.  My Grandparents sent me this book.  It includes some very interesting analyses of many popular films.

1 comment:

  1. Jeremy--Given your interest in films, many of your choices fit what I know about you. The nice surprise here is that The Little Prince has been a favorite of yours for so many years. (I think it was the first complete book I ever read in French, probably around my sophomore year in HS)

    ReplyDelete